Awen UK is operated and owned by Steve Blake Dip ESM, Tech IOSH, SIIRSM, RISC. MASC.
Steve is a Technical Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), a Specialist Member of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management, a member of the UKCMA (United Kingdom Crowd Management Association), a member of the Association of Security Consultants, a committee member of the IOSH Sports Grounds and Events Group and Chair of their Crowd Safety Management National Guidance Project. He is also a Member of the Association of Festival Organisers, is registered with the UK Register of Independent Security Consultants, is an SIA Licensed Close Protection Officer and holds a Level 5 Diploma in Event Safety Management from Derby University. He teaches numerous Security Industry Authority, First Aid, Spectator Safety qualifications and bespoke Event Safety, Security and Crowd Management. Courses.
Awen UK is registered with the UK Register of Independent Security Consultants guaranteeing that our services and advice are totally independent and vetted as such.
He has a proven track record of over 35 years as an accomplished Safety, Security and Crowd Management professional operating nationally with an extensive background in Strategic Planning, Operational, Managerial and Directorial roles in varied and diverse environments.
He was Safety, Security and Crowd Management Manager for the Tour de France 2014 (Stages One and Two of the UK Grand Depart), the world’s largest annual sporting event with 4.7 million spectators in the UK alone. Until 2013
He was also Safety, Security, Crowd Management and Development Director of the Vaynol Estate North Wales’s Strategic Major Event site and is currently part of the Senior Crowd Safety Management Team at Glastonbury.
Awen UK’s management team started within the Event & Festival Security and Crowd Management industries and experienced the development of the Safety and Crowd Management sectors first hand and from the ground up. With a calm, friendly, team work approach to Event Safety, Security and Crowd Safety Management our wealth of experience, creativity, flexibility, and meticulous attention to detail in the planning stages allows us to work with our clients to turn ideas and concepts into reality.
We can undertake all or any one of these roles on your behalf as part of your team or undertake the complete management and planning for you as your representatives, dealing with statuary bodies, emergency services or contractors. Awen UK prides itself on becoming an integrated part of our client’s team and supporting their staff to deliver the best possible job.
We can undertake full Strategic, Tactical and Operational Safety, Security and Crowd Safety Planning, Table-Top Exercises, Legislation and Licencing Compliance, Project Development and Management, Negotiation and Tendering Process, Security and Contractor Audits, Emergency Planning, Stakeholder Liaison, Operational Security and Crowd Management Co-ordination Management, Co-ordination of Local Authorities and Statutory Agencies, Preparation of Event Documentation, Event Management Planning, Risk Assessments and Analysis, Method Statements, Event Counter Terrorism Co-ordination, Emergency Services Liaison, etc.
Our Portfolio covers Sporting Events on the Highways, Stadiums, Velodromes and Major un-ticketed public events. Greenfield Festivals, Urban Events, Stadium Concerts, Carnivals and Parades, Rock to Opera, Cycling to Rallies.
A very small cross section of our management and consultancy experience;
- Tour de France 2014, UK Grand Depart (Safety, Security and Crowd Management Manager) 4.7million
- London Nocturne (Safety, Security and Crowd Management Consultancy) c. 20,000
- North Wales Olympic Flame Concert (DPS, Safety, Security and Crowd Management Manager) c.10,000
- Glastonbury Festival Events Ltd (Senior Crowd Safety Management Team) c. 165,000
- The Good Life Experience (Safety Consultancy) c.5000
- Festival No6 (Security and Crowd Management Consultancy) c.10,000
- Memories of 1914 (The Giants) (Safety Consultancy) c.1.1 million
- Liverpool Exhibition Centre (Safety Consultancy) 10,000
- Welsh Rally GB (Security Management Consultancy) 3 Stages
- Electric Wave Festival, (Event Management and Safety Consultancy) c. 3000
- Summer Pops (Security and Crowd Safety Consultancy) c.20,000
- National Eisteddfod (Director of Security and Crowd Safety Vaynol Estate) c.100,000
- Radio One Big Weekend (Security and Crowd Management Consultancy) c.50,000
- Bryn Terfel Faenol Festival (DPS, Venue Security and Crowd Safety Consultancy, DPS) c.20,000